About the instructor
Tina Perrone is a retired Connecticut State Trooper with 29 years of Law Enforcement experience.
- 12 years as a Patrol Trooper
- 5 years as a Patrol K-9 handler
- 9 years assigned to the Central District Major Crime Squad as a Detective
- 8 years assigned to the Connecticut State Police Academy as an instructor conducting in-service training for certified CSP Troopers, Criminal Investigation instructor for the CSP Recruit Training Program, certified Law Enforcement Instructor in Taser, Handcuffing, Baton, OC Spray, Police Defensive Tactics, Simuntions, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Response to Active Shooter incidents.
- 4 years assigned to the Firearms Training Unit as a Firearms Instructor conducting in-service training for certified CSP Troopers in Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, and low-light certification and the CSP Recruit Training Program along with municipal police officers and constables in-service training.
In 2015, Tina was recruited by the Sig Sauer Firearms Academy in New Hampshire as an adjunct firearms instructor and became a Sig Sauer Firearms Instructor certified in Semi-automatic Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun, Active Shooter, and Pistol Mounted Optics. She was employed for the Sig Sauer Academy for 6 years and taught hundreds of students from beginner to advanced pistol techniques.
Tina is a certified NRA Pistol Instructor and Range Safety Officer and a certified Pistol Permit/Concealed Weapons Permit instructor in the state of Connecticut and South Carolina. She has taught Firearms safety courses, private lessons, and pistol permit classes for her personally owned business, TMP Firearm Training and Self Defense, Prepare to Act and Cormac Arms and Outfitters and has prepared hundreds of students to be successful and responsible gun owners.
Tina has also developed a curriculum for Realtor Safety and Situational Awareness for Connecticut and South Carolina Realtors to assist them in their pursuit to stay safe in their working environment.
Tina has over 35 years’ experience in Martial Arts.
- First degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do
- Level one Krav Maga instructor
- Women’s Self Defense instructor
She has been teaching Krav Maga since 2005 and has developed a Women’s Self Defense course to help empower women to build self-confidence and self-esteem, believe in their ability to survive a violent encounter, offer them the skills to effectively fight back and “be their own hero’”.
Tina has taught countless Law Enforcement and civilian students in Firearm Safety in the state of Connecticut, New Hampshire, and South Carolina in 11+ years as a certified Firearms Instructor.